Under UK law (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) we are required to inform all our visitors of the information that we store in the form of 'Cookies'.
Recording this information enables us to review the analytics of our website to ensure it's performing as well as it should be.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics so that your browsing data is not collected. If you wish to do so please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Social Media Integration
The Migration Observatory website makes use of social media plugins that enable our visitors to share our content using Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
The website also uses another popular social plugin called 'AddThis' (http://www.addthis.com/) which enables users to share content on our website using wider number of social applications.
If you do not want 'AddThis' to store or collect any of your browsing data then please visit their website to opt-out.
The Migration Observatory uses a third party service called 'Vimeo' (http://vimeo.com) to delivery all the video on the website. Much of the video is embedded using the player provided by Vimeo which requires a Cookie to be set in order to play.
You may change your browser settings to allow or refuse all Cookies, choose which Cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a Cookie is about to be set.
Further information can be found at:
- Firefox - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer - http://www.ehow.com/how_2033259_manage-cookies-internet.html
- Safari - http://www.ehow.com/how_2033315_manage-cookies-safari.html
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
Please note: If you use your browser settings to block all Cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our website, or you may experience limited functionality when trying to access certain features.
If you would like to find out more about Cookies, then please take a look at the websites below:
- All About Cookies - http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- How Government websites use cookie - http://tinyurl.com/cvkwd2x
If you have any questions about the Migration Observatory website and Cookies then please email firstname.lastname@example.org